Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's Game Time...Even on Social Media

Social Media Stats for 4th season premier of "The Game" (from http://www.poptower.com/news-24560/the-game-bet-premiere-ratings-record.htm)
  • The Game's official Facebook page averaged 893 wall posts per min
  • An average of 750 comments per minute on The Game's official Facebook page after the status update "What did you think about tonight's episode?"
  • Held 9 of the top 10 trending topics spots on Twitter
On the premier date, and even during the second episode of The Game, I was tuned in to Facebook along with the show.  If I missed anything, which I did not - and I do mean ANYTHING - I could literally scroll through my Newsfeed to find out EXACTLY what happened.  Honestly, I never realized how much social media has grown in the past few years.  During my 2nd semester of freshman year in undergrad (2004) I joined Facebook, which only allowed access to students with college email addresses.  At times I thought it was pretty boring because the people who were able to use it was so limited.  A number of my friends did not attend large universities that assigned email addresses to the students, so there wasn't much taking place on my wall.  Now I have over 700 Facebook friends, which are all family, friends, coworkers, and classmates.  (It could have been more, but I'd rather it be all people that I know, and crazy enough I know all 700-something people on my friends list)

Now, I have finally jumped into the world of Twitter and it completely AMAZED me when I saw the number of people who were registered users.  In my head I was thinking, "Wow, I'm the 238,722,342nd person to sign up."  Bananas, right?!

Tune in for The Game every Tuesday night @ 10pm ET/PT on BET

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment